Strategically located 8 minutes from downtown Raleigh and a short distance from the Eastern seaboard, Garner is easily accessible by land, air and sea.
Major HighwaysNorth Carolina Department of Transportation
Major highways and interstates in and near Garner provide two-day access to over half of the nation’s industrial base.
- U.S. Highway 70 is Garner's main artery, serving as a connector between Interstate 40 and Interstate 95.
- Interstate 40 runs through Wake County, linking Garner with Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Greensboro, Wilmington and the Western United States.
- Interstate 95 runs through nearby Johnston, Wilson and Nash counties and is one of the most widely used travel routes on the Eastern seaboard.
AirRaleigh-Durham International Airport
Located 11 miles northwest of Raleigh, Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU) provides major air service for the greater Raleigh-Durham area.
- RDU is served by eight major airlines and 19 regional airlines with a total of about 370 daily arrivals and departures.
- In 2010, the airport served over 9.1 million passengers. There are non-stop weekday flights to international destinations including London, Toronto and the Bahamas.
There are two Amtrak stations in Wake County (Raleigh, Cary) that offer daily service to more than 10 locations on the East Coast and to points west.
- The Carolinian travels daily between Charlotte and New York City, with stops in Raleigh, Richmond, Washington, D.C., Baltimore and Philadelphia.
- The Piedmont makes daily trips between Raleigh and Charlotte.
Sea PortsNorth Carolina Ports Authority
To provide competitive global shipping services, the North Carolina Ports Authority operates two deep-channel sea ports in Wilmington and Morehead City and inland terminals in Charlotte and Greensboro.
- The ports' central Eastern seaboard location is closest to the center of the Southeast U.S. market – the fastest-growing region in the country.
- The ports are within 700 miles of more than 150 million American and Canadian consumers and 70 percent of the U.S. industrial base.