In an effort to provide short and long term options for residential building owners, the Town of Garner has implemented a guide to minimize and control the adverse secondary effects caused by boarded-up residential structures within our jurisdiction. Building owners are required to participate in the process of creating a plan of action to repair, replace, or demolish residential structures that have been boarded-up by completing the online application permit “Boarding up residential structures by owners” on the Town of Garner website or follow this link.

Building owners can email their completed application to Inspector Robert Liles ( or mail your form to: 900 7th. Avenue Garner, NC 27529; Attention: Inspections Dept.Robert Liles