Town to Collect Storm Debris Starting June 20
In response to the storm of June 13, 2013, the Town of Garner will be conducting a special one-time cleanup of unprepared storm-related yard waste generated as a result of the storm.
Pickup will begin on Thursday, June 20th on the Red and Grey (Monday) solid waste routes and continue in sequence until one pass of the entire Town has been made. In order to provide prompt service town-wide, there will be no backtracking. Cleanup will run continuous so Public Works has the opportunity to go to the next day’s colored route if they finish the previous route early. Therefore, all residents are encouraged to have debris at curb by June 20th to reduce the risk of being missed.
Please note the following:
• Place unprepared storm- related yard waste at the curb for pickup.
• Routine weekly prepared yard waste service will continue as normal. See Town website or your recycling calendar for details on how to prepare properly.
• Contractor generated debris is not eligible for pickup per Town Code.
• Pickup is for yard waste only- no construction or demolition debris.
• Call Garner Public Works at 919-772-7600 for any questions and latest schedule information.
• The schedule will vary according to volume, please be patient. Storm debris cleanup will be limited the week of July 3rd (July 1-5).